How Being a Positive Person Can Change the Climate and Atmosphere of an Environment Article by Lauri McNair, MS
The power of positivity can never be underestimated. Positive people are pleasant and enjoyable to be around. For the children of God, we have been given gift of inherent positivity. It's "zoe" life; an enjoyable life that is abundant, full of vitality, joy, and vigor. This is the reason Jesus came:
"The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]."--John 10:10(AMP)
Believers, who are positive people, living the "zoe" life are change agents. They have the power to impact their families, workplaces, communities, and even nations for the better, as they radiate the light and Spirit of God.
10 Biblical Ways to Become a More Positive Person
1. Pursue and cultivate a personal relationship of God. (Psalm 63:1) The more time we spend developing a relationship with God, the more
2. Pray and Meditate (Psalm 1:2)
3. Walk in faith (2 Corinthians 5:7) Faith gives us hope and assurance. Faith diffuses negativity, pessimism, and hopelessness
4. Anchor your hope (Hebrews 6:19)
5. Receive the Father's love (I John 4:18) 6. Forgive (Matthew 6:4)
7. Demonstrate compassion (Ephesians 4:32)
8. Encourage others (I Thessalonians 5:11)
9. Practice self-care (Nehemiah 8:10, I Corinthians 6:19) Get adequate rest, maintain a healthy diet, exercise, and laugh often
10. Avoid Soul Toxins (John 10:10) Fear, blame-shifting, unresolved anger, toxic relationships, unforgiveness, bitterness, offenses, enabling, co-dependency, negative self-talk and self-deprecation, jealousy, and envy are some of the tactics that the enemy uses to steal, kill, destroy (John 10:10). Being mindful of his tricks and schemes will keep us from getting ensnared (2 Corinthians 2:11).