Darkness and evil celebrate as another child of God is lost and broken.
As parents, grandparents, God-parents, caregivers, etc. we have been given the responsibility, and the privilege, of building our children up with the word of God and thereby cultivating a positive sense of self. Deep calls unto deep (Psalm 42:7). When we speak and declare the word which is spirit and life (John 6:63)--the child will catch it in his spirit.
When we declare the word of God over our children, we are building a strong, sound, indestructible foundation.
Here are some biblically based ways to build your child's self-esteem:
1. Tell them that they are amazing and marvelous! (Psalm 139:14)
2. Be your child's #1 cheerleader. Let them know that she CAN do anything! (Philippians 4:13)
3. Teach your child how to handle adversity (Psalm 144:1)
4. Recognize your child's gifts and talents--cultivate them. (Ephesians 4:8)
5. Discipline in a way that doesn't wound or bruise, but rather guides and trains. (Proverbs 22:6)
6. Help your child discover his voice and understand it's value and
purpose. (Psalm 127:5)
7. Be attentive. Be interested in what interests your child. (Philippians 2:3-5)
8. Give praise, not shame. (Hebrews 10:24-25)
9. Verbally tell your children you love them--don't assume that they "know" because you go to work everyday, buy them things, etc. (John 13:34-35)
10. Teach your child God's word. (Psalm 149:6)
Please email me at email@example.com if you would like a free list of biblical decrees that you and your child/children can declare and memorize together!